Arts Alive! was founded in 2007 and incorporated as a non-profit corporation in 2009. With an Executive Director and a 14-member Board of Directors representing a broad spectrum of communities, artistic backgrounds and business affiliations, Arts Alive has accomplished much since inception. Some highlights:
- Commissioned Economic Impact Report that shows that arts and culture represent more than $16.6 million in revenues to the region.
- Collaborated with municipalities to incorporate arts and culture in their master plans.
- Created an operational planning calendar for arts organizations.
- Surveyed and produced a report of available facilities that could be used by arts and cultural organizations.
- Facilitated discussions and conducted a feasibility study in support of a proposed multi-arts center; ultimate outcome was greatly strengthened collaboration between two major institutions and community-wide engagement in potential solutions.
- Helped to form the Monadnock Choral Arts Alliance to coordinate programming and marketing.
- Served as the fiscal agent for numerous small arts initiatives, enabling projects such as the Monadnock International Film Festival to succeed.
In 2013, our board developed a strategic plan to guide our work through the end of 2015. This plan has led us to pursue strategies to accomplish our mission, including promoting Cultural Tourism, developing and promoting a Regional Arts Calendar, engaging in Awareness and Partnership building with businesses & the municipal sector, building inter-arts partnerships for resource sharing and collaboration, incubating arts projects and emerging nonprofits under Arts Alive’s fiscal sponsorship, and providing professional & business development trainings in partnership with Hannah Grimes Center to artists via our Artist to Artist program.
Arts Alive! is uniquely positioned to serve as a resource to those interested in promoting arts, culture and creative pursuits throughout the community. This includes partners as far-ranging as choral groups and manufacturers, municipalities and computer designers, writers and visual artists – anyone who uses creativity in their professional or personal life.